Written by: Shay Coulson | Photo(s) by: Ethan Decker
Get Freaky Festival 2023 Essentials
Grab your costumes and get ready for a frightfully good time, Get Freaky Festival is back! Get Freaky Festival is SLC’s premier Halloween festival, with V2 Presents bringing a scary good lineup to a new location. The largest Halloween festival in the region that brings fans to Utah from all over the region is now moving from it’s traditional location at the Great Saltair to the Utah State Fairpark! New location, same great time.
This year’s headliners include Allison Wonderland, Black Tiger Sex Machine, Sickick, & Subtronics! Check out who’s haunting the stages each night below:
Get Freaky is kicking off off Friday, October 27th at 4:00 p.m. with sets booming on two stages: The Temple Of Doom and Tent Of Terror. Night one wraps up at 11:00 p.m., and Day 2 kicks off the following day at 4:00 p.m. once again, and is packed with just as much heat as the first evening. The final day of the fest, Sunday, begins at 4:00 p.m. but closes out an hour early at 10:00 p.m. For those of you disappointed in the early closure of the fest, V2 has opened up Sky SLC for The Official Afterparty, featuring Boogie T and others from the festival lineup. You can get in FREE when you RSVP ahead of time and bring your Get Freaky Ticket. Check out more on the event here. Be sure to note all the set times to make sure you don’t miss your faves!
Uber, Lyft, Taxi cabs and other ride shares options will pick up at the venue. A rideshare (Uber/Lyft) drop-off/pickup is located on 300 N on the North side of the fair park. Be sure to plan your travel ahead of the festival to make sure you don’t miss any of the frights!
No need to worry about your phone dying, or losing track of your things while dancing. Once again, V2 has it covered! You can purchase a locker to store your things in, as well as securely charge your phone! They are available for purchase on site, or pre-purchase as an “add-on” here.
To provide a safer environment for the public and expedite fan entry, the festival will implement a clear bag policy. For more information on approved bags, permitted items, and other frequently asked questions, click here.
Check out the map of this year’s festival to familiarize yourself with the layout, ensuring you get to the stages you want quickly, and never get lost! A limited amount of single-day, and three-day general admission passes are available here. For more information on V2 presents and their other upcoming events, click here.
Key Highlights Provided From V2 Presents:
- All originally purchased tickets will remain valid for this event. There is no action required on your part
- The Utah State Fairpark is in a more centralized location in the Salt Lake Valley, with increased access to parking, rideshare, and public transportation
- The Fairpark offers additional amenities, including various food vendors and easily-accessible restrooms
- The festival hours have shifted to 4 PM – 11 PM on Friday and Saturday, and 4 PM – 10 PM on Sunday, to accommodate the requirements of the new location.
- Official Get Freaky after-parties will be announced shortly
- Offsite camping options are available nearby the fairpark, at KOA Campground located at 1400 W North Temple St, Salt Lake City, UT 84116